UIC is looking at options to reschedule the commencement ceremonies. Please view the message from the chancellor here.
The May commencement ceremonies for all campus within the University of Illinois System have been canceled due to the COVID 19 outbreak. Please view the update from the president here.
All orders for caps and gowns have been canceled as of Friday, March 20. Refunds typically take 10 business days, but may be delayed due to the volume of cancellations. Caps and gowns will be available for purchase from the UIC Bookstore in May.
All students participating in Commencement must purchase cap and gown prior to the ceremony.
Pricing is as follows:
- Bachelor - $59.99
- Master - $89.99
- Doctorate - DNP/EDD/OTD/DPT/PhD - $99.99
- Doctorate - DDS/JD/MD/PharmD/PhD Dent, Med, Pharm - $159.99
Academic regalia consists of the following:
- Bachelor - Blue cap, blue gown, red stole, and tassel indicative of degree conferred
- Master - Blue cap, blue gown, red stole, tassel and hood indicative of degree.
- Doctorate (DNP, EDD, OTD, DPT, DPH) - Black Cap, black gown, tassel and hood indicative of degree.
- Doctorate (DDS, JD, MD, PharmD) Black tam, black gown, tassel and hood indicative of degree.
- Ph.D - Red cap, red gown, gold tassel, and hood lined with red and indigo
- Ph.D (Dent/Med/Pharm) - Blue tam, red gown, gold tassel, and hood lined with red and indigo.
Tassel and hood colors for Masters and Doctors:
|Applied Health Sciences||Green and Gold|
|Architecture and the Arts||Brown|
|Business Administration||Royal Blue|
|Health Professions Education||Gold|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences||White|
|Public Administration||Peacock Blue|
|Urban Planning||Peacock Blue|