Caps & Gown
Student regalia will be available for pre-order starting: September 15, 2019. Faculty regalia will be available to order beginning October 1, 2019. Please see your respective tab below for more details.
Caps & Gowns
All students participating in Commencement must purchase cap and gown prior to the ceremony.
Students are strongly encouraged to pre-order their regalia through Jostens from Sunday, September 15 through Tuesday, October 22. To do so, please CLICK HERE.
If a student misses the pre-order deadline, they can purchase regalia at the UIC Bookstore starting November 25, 2019. Please keep in mind that the price to purchase bundles in-store will cost $15 more than the pre-order pricing.
All pre-ordered regalia will be available for pick-up at the Grad Fest beginning Wednesday, December 4th 2019. Grad Fest will be held from 10am to 2pm in the Illinois Room. Students who do not attend Grad Fest can begin picking up their pre-order from the UIC Bookstore starting Thursday, December 5 during regular store hours.
Cap and gown will be available for pre-order through Jostens starting September 16, 2019 through October 22, 2019. Pre-order bundle pricing is as follows:
- Bachelor – $59.99
- Master – $89.99
- Doctorate – DNP/EDD/OP/PT/PhD – $99.99
- Doctorate – DDS/JD/MD/PharmD/PhD Dent, Med, Pharm – $159.99
*You must pre-order to take advantage of the early order pricing above. The price to purchase cap and gown after deadline will be an additional $15.00. The last day to pre-order is October 22, 2019.
Academic regalia consists of the following:
- Bachelor – Blue cap, blue gown, red stole, and tassel indicative of degree conferred
- Master – Blue cap, blue gown, red stole, tassel and hood indicative of degree.
- Doctorate (DNP, EDD, OT, PT, DPH) – Black Cap, black gown, tassel and hood indicative of degree.
- Doctorate (DDS, JD, MD, PharmD) Black tam, black gown, tassel and hood indicative of degree.
- Ph.D – Red cap, red gown, gold tassel, and hood lined with red and indigo
- Ph.D (Dent/Med/Pharm) – Blue tam, red gown, gold tassel, and hood lined with red and indigo.
All faculty planning to participate in Commencement must have appropriate academic attire.
Beginning October 1, 2019 you can order your regalia using the online request form. The deadline to request faculty regalia for the commencement will be October 30, 2019.